List of Paranormal Series

I am guilty of asking people, “What’s a good series to read?” More often then not I am given a list of series I’ve already read. I have compiled a list so you don’t have to ask anyone for a “new” series, anytime soon. These are just a few of the series I have read. If I am missing anything good, let me know!

Acosta, Marta – Casa Dracula Series

Armintrout, Jennifer – Blood Ties, Lightworld/Darkworld

Armstrong, Kelley – The Otherworld, Darkest Powers

Ashwood, Sharon – The Dark Forgotten

Bardsley, Michele – Broken Heart Vampires

Bartlett, Gerry – Glory St. Claire

Blair,Annette – Accidental Witch Trilogy, Triplet Witch Trilogy, Vintage Magic Mystery

Caine, Rachel – Morganville Vampires

Cast, P.C. – House of Night

Davidson, MaryJanice - The Undead Series, Fred The Mermaid Series, Werewolf Series, Gorgeous Series, Royal Series

Dodd, Christina - Darkness Chosen

Frost, Kimberly – Southern Witch Series

Frost, Jeaniene – Night Huntress

Garey, Terri - Nicki Styx Series

Hallaway, Tate – Garnet Lacey

Hamilton, Laurell K. – Anita Blake, Meredith Gentry

Harris, Charlaine - Southern Vampire Series, Harper Connelly Series, Lily Bard Series

Harrison, Kim – The Hollows, Madison Avery

Smith, L.J - Vampire Diaries

Sparks, Kerrelyn – Love at Stake Series

Ward, J.R. – The Black Dagger Brotherhood, Fallen Angels

Warren, Christine – The Others

Wells, Jaye – Sabina Kane

Wisdom, Linda – Hex Series

Comments
  • Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:16 pm

I see you have “Fever” for Karen Marie Moning, I haven’t read those — What did you think of the Highlander series?

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I actually haven’t read the Highlander series! lol

• Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:34 pm

hmm, maybe you should…or at least the first one and see what you think!

I’m not big into Romance, but I like Paranormal and Fantasy stuff.

Lately, I’ve been into Young Adult fantasy like Artemis Fowl, Eragon etc. Though, Harry Potter is my fav. Not a big Twilight fan though. I think Stephenie Meyer’s an idiot. Seriously though I was going to kill brain cells w/ “Breaking Dawn.”

But if I “get” your tastes right — try her Moning’s Highlander series. My fav. of the set of 7 is “The Dark Highlander” — it’s with Daegus as the main character.

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Yep you have my tastes down, I’m not a big Twilight Fan. Edward was a stalker and Bella is a horrible role-model for females. LOL

Have you read Suzanne Collins Young Adult Series? If you are into Fantasy, thats so far the best YA series I have read to date!

• Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Ah ha! Someone else who thinks Edward is a stalker and Bella is a twit! Thank goodness! Too many people I know are Bella/Edward obsessed. My cousin calls herself an “Edwardite.” Good Lordy! lol

Suzanne Collins? Nope, haven’t heard of her. Right now I’m trying to get through Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol (well start it at least), and then move into finishing Artemis Fowl.

What’s Suzanne’s about?

• Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm

BTW, found your blog through Danny Brown — would seem he has excellent tastes in reading materials :)

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 6:47 pm

Danny’s wife is a read-a-holic as well

Here’s the publishers blurb about Suzanne Collin’s Hunger Games (the second just came out last month)

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the other districts in line by forcing them to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight-to-the-death on live TV. One boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and sixteen are selected by lottery to play. The winner brings riches and favor tohis or her district. But that is nothing compared to what the Capitol wins: one more year of fearful compliance with its rule. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her impoverished district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before?and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love. Acclaimed writer Suzanne Collins, author of the New York Times bestselling Underland Chronicles, delivers equal parts suspense and philosophy, adventure and romance, in this stunning novel set in a future with unsettling parallels to our present.

• Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Don’t know Danny’s wife, just Danny. We’re Twitter-PR-Social Media buddies :)

Sounds very — dystopian-esque. lol Have you read The Giver? I love that novel as well as “Brave New World.”

And I just saw your “Bookshelf” — what do you think of Cassandra Claire aka Cassandra Clare? I remember reading her stuff back when she did that LotR gay series, and then she wrote a Harry Potter, fan fiction trilogy that was actually really good called the “Draco Trilogy” — It was Draco Vertias, Draco Dormiens and another one I can’t remember. I have a .pdf of them if you are interested.

I heard from a few others who read her ‘self’ stories aka “City of…” they aren’t that good. Personally, I’m not into wanting to read her books after the amount of fiascos and drama I’ve read about her. But I’m curious what you thought?

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 6:51 pm

They’re weird, CC’s books. Different but so much better than Twilight for young readers. Very different take on what alot of YA writers are offering. I haven’t read her adult stuff, I only read her YA books on a recommendation!

Haven’t read the giver either, I’ll have to add that to my insane wish list!

• Sasha Muradali October 9, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Her LotR thing wasn’t adult, neither was the Harry Potter fanfic either. They are wold though — 2004 I think?

I read them eons ago, it feels like. And a friend of mine who knew of Cassie when she went by “Claire” sent me the Draco trilogy. If you want to read it, I’ll send it to you. No worries. It’s really good.

You MUST read The Giver!!! OMG. It’s one of my favourite books of all-time!!! You must, you must, you must!!! :)

Did you like CC’s “City of…” There are 3 books, right?

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 7:11 pm

That’s what I was refering too, CC’s City of series. Weird my reply
          looks all wonky and cut off! LOL

• Sasha Muradali October 10, 2009 at 9:58 am

you should check out Paperbackswap.com, if you haven’t.

it’s fantastic! I get a good chunk of books through there! :)

• Donna October 9, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Great list! Have you read any of the Gena Showalter’s Lords of the Underworld? I notice it wasn’t listed.

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I haven’t read her, is she any good? I’ve heard the name but never a review!

• Donna October 9, 2009 at 10:17 pm

Lords of the Underworld is one of my fav. series. I don’t have a review but I just read one over at Pearl’s World of books. It’s a review on the latest book in the series The Darkest Whisper: http://pearl72.blogspot.com/2009/10/darkest-whisper-gena-showalter.html

I haven’t read it yet but it’s on my shelve waiting for me once I get through some books I have for promised reviews.

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 9, 2009 at 11:50 pm

I will have to add them to my ever-growing must buy list! Thanks for the heads up!

• Terri October 10, 2009 at 6:04 am

Lords of the Underworld is one of my favorite series…and the newest book, Darkest Whisper, is great.
    Anna Windsor–Dark Crescent Sisterhood series is good.
    Ilona Andrews–Magic series about Kate Daniels is a fav.
    Larissa Ione–Demonica series.
    Jennifer Rardin–Jaz Parks series.
    Kresley Cole–Immortals After Dark series.

• Gillian October 12, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Hey there,
    I came here via SciFiGuy.
    I must second Terri’s recommendation of Ilona Andrew’s Kate Daniels series. Also, if you need more recs, I can highly recommend the Kitty books but Carrie Vaughn.

• Wicked Lil Pixie October 13, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I have added them to my to be bought list! Always looking for something new to read, so if you have more recommendations, have at em!

• Gillian October 15, 2009 at 1:18 am

You asked for it!

Admittedly, Vaughn and Andrews are at the top of my ‘automatic buy’ list, others I like are:
        Rob Thurman’s Cal Leandros series, and the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. I love Cal’s ‘voice’ and if you already like Kelley Armstrong, you’ll like Patricia Briggs – I devour her books!

• Goldenplum October 18, 2009 at 10:32 am

I liked the Darkyn Series by Lynn Viehl , the Dirk & Steele Romance by by Marjorie Liu especially Shadow Touch although it is more Fantasy. I just read the Mercy Thompson books by Patricia Briggs realy liked it.

• Robin November 19, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Graham Masterton has a ton of series that are wonderful. The Manitou series, and the Night Warrior series are my fav.

• Aidan Bailey May 23, 2010 at 7:03 pm

i was just wondering if any of you guys have a first hand experience about Paranormal in real life.,.-

• Deck Lighting December 21, 2010 at 1:20 pm

i have always been interested in the paranormal and the occult, that is why i bought some trifield meter and emf meters *-*

• Trush Symptoms January 25, 2011 at 11:09 am

“:. I am very thankful to this topic because it really gives up to date information ~;’

• Clubismoke.es November 2, 2012 at 3:32 am

i an very thankful..

• Locksmith December 23, 2012 at 1:31 am

What a wonderful and a very lovely article!