Woman Bloggers Are Mean.

Jane of Dear Author posted a round-up of her RT 2010 experience yesterday. She made a comment that pissed off one of the Mr Romance 2010 contestants, unintentional hilarity ensured.

First Jane talks about Mr Romance 2009 (Charles Paz) & how he broke down while talking about how “mean” us female bloggers are. He was genuinely upset about comments he’d received. I wasn’t blogging about books around that time, so don’t blame me (for once)! Normally I’d snark on his, but I wasn’t around during Charles’ rein & I was told by an author that he really was upset.

You’d have thought that was the worst of it right?

WRONG.

Jane wrote that only 6 of the Mr Romance contestant’s showed so they had last minute add-on’s, one of which supposedly said that this was another “dancing gig” for him. It’s my understanding that he was hired to work (strip) at a show at RT & ended up on stage for Mr Romance. Long story short, he ends up on Dear Author & goes to comment town.

Comments are the devil people, we all know this. When something upsets you or is a heated topic, RUN RUN AWAY. But alas, he didn’t & he was mocked but only slightly (we’ve all seen much worse). I had to share it with The Mighty Buzzard because, well it’s me. Do you think I could contain myself? Hell no! Naturally, Buzz just had to comment about this guys “Man Card” & how Emo he was being.

This morning, this 2nd runner up started his own blog. Apparently Dear Author moderates comments? In anycase, I choked. Coffee spewed, I went into a coughing fit. But it was so worth it. You see, this 2nd Runner Up told Buzz to suck it. That alone is worth choking for.

So to the 2nd Runner Up, I say thank you. Monday morning was well worth waking up for, to hear someone tell Buzz to suck it…made me week

Who knew men were just as bad with drama as woman are? Are we woman bloggers really that mean? I speak for myself, mean I am not…snarky, sarcastic, outspoken, blunt…yep thats ALL me right there. But mean? Nah.

What do you think? Are all woman bloggers mean?

Comments
  • Pamela in ATX May 3, 2010 at 11:00 am

Oh GOD this is entertainment GOLD! Once Antonio figures out how to rotate his photo on his blog, so it’s actually straight and not sideways, I hope he keeps going with this cuz it sure is entertaining! I’m mean like that.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 3, 2010 at 11:03 am

ROTFLMAO damn you, I kid you not I may actually pee myself before this day is done. Go figure, its a dark day in Hell when I’m the nice one in blog landia! LOL

• Claire (sparklybearsy) May 3, 2010 at 11:02 am

HEHE is it mean if i laugh first ? I dont think any bloggers intentionally set out to be mean, i guess its who is reading it that depends on how they take the comment written, Not everything we write is favourable, but i can personally say, while i may say i don’t like something, or make a joke, i’m never wanting to sound mean in any way, I don’t think i’d write a blog if my intention were to slate someone, and it kills me when i have to give a less than glowing book review, so nah, a girl blogger can be blunt and honest in her opinions without being mean…its just wimpy boys who see it that way LOL!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 3, 2010 at 11:05 am

AHAHAHAHAH!! Damn you all, I kid you not twitter comments today will be the death of me!

• The Mighty Buzzard May 3, 2010 at 11:16 am

Hey, inviting someone to put their mouth around your schlong is a time honored and very manly response to criticism. Since his first paragraph was pretty much an apology that agreed with what I said and ended with one of the hallmarks of manly debate, it’s really hard to take offense.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

But it was still funny as shit! I was so glad you were awake, I was devising ways to wake your ass up to read it! LOL

• MR.ROMANCE CHARLES PAZ May 3, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Hello =-) I left this comment on the other Blog that you are talking about. Just wanted to share with you guys and let you know, Not all of you are mean. Hahaha. =-P So, Heres my posting on the last blog:

Where do I… Begin? *evil grin*

1st off, I dont think I said it was an EVIL GIRL blogger who picked up the story. It was just a major blogger in general. I told my story because i fell it can relate to the Authors as well who, on a daily basis, get thier work bashed by the online people who take these chances to make people feel bad while making them feel like they are in a position of power. By the way, You EVIL GIRL BLOOGERS ARE MEAN =-P

2nd, there was much more to the story that I didnt mention. Not only the fact of the BLOG and all its harshness, but immediatly following that, my ‘AGENTS’ dropped me and in a nutshell, My 15 minutes were up even before they downloaded the pics from the covershoot so to say. I was on top of the world with the new respect of the fans and all this going for me and then in an instant, that high was takin from me. It did do some damage, but that which does not kill us makes us stronger right?

3rd, I wasnt BAWLING or SOBBING. I was just alergic to the dust and was cutting onions before walking on stage. Hahaha. Honestly, i did get misty eyed, but that was as I took my final walk and the AWESOME AND AMAZING people all gave me a standing ovation. It reminded me that I have the love and support of the fans and readers and that I am BULLET PROOF from the haters.

4th, I really cant say much for the actual contestants or anything that went on with them behind the scenes. I wasnt a competitor, so I was allowed to do what I wanted. Now, I could have walked around Columbus, enjoy the sights or even stay in my hotel room the entire time. BUT, I made it a point to walk the halls and meet the readers and fans. Stopping every two steps and taking pictures, sigining autographs or even just seeing how their day was and if they were having a good time. I did as many workshops as I could as well. This week is about the people who attend and making sure they have a great time. Some save up all year just to attend this Evevnt and I wanted to do my best to make it worth it to them.

5th,If anybody would like to, you may add me on facebook. ‘Mr.Romance Charles Paz’ is the name. Enter my world, get to know me a lil better and when you add, just mention you saw this =-)

Oh, One last thing… I crowned ANDREW as THE PEOPLES CHAMP!!! He was Awesome at the show and is a great guy. Ask Anybody who was at the Award show for the Comp and you will know why.

Hope I dont get blogged about this. *dies Laughing* Everyone have a wonderfull week =-)

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 3, 2010 at 2:00 pm

LOL yeah yeah onions & allergies! You’re too much Charles. I’ve heard lots of good things around the web & twitter about Andrew, he’s good peoples :) You’ve held yourself with more dignity than I can say for the other competitor who’s gone emo on us. I admit I went wtf when I read you cried, but than got the context & it made sense. Your “agents” sound like knobs, but you live & learn ;)

Haters make the world go round, it’s just jealousy & a simple lack of things to do with their time.

Don’t make me have to blog about you again, no hissy fits or crown throwing! LOL cause I AM mean ;)

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Aw! I can vouch for Charles! He’s awesome! Pratically perfect in every way (except he’s on the freaking other side of the damn continent)! LOL! I interviewed him last year, it’s posted on my blog if you want to get to know him! http://lucicalanor.blogspot.com/

• katiebabs May 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm

And blog drama makes the world go round… ;)

• Suzan May 3, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Dude, Andrew and his wife were cracking me up. I love people who can snark on themselves and write a comment with more than one paragraph when necessary.

And Charles, you seem like good people too. The whole post is like watching a train wreck. You just can’t stop looking. I keep refreshing, thinking about what could happen next. And I’m not a drama addict… Well, not much of one…

:P

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 3, 2010 at 11:07 pm

LOL you can’t help it when you see the shit slinging doing down, I’m just as guilty of watching it all go down. Andrew & his wife KILLED me, best engagement story EVER!

• Suzan May 4, 2010 at 1:39 pm

I know! I think those two were the best ever. I’m glad she told him yes, lol.

It’s been two days and I’m still watching the stupid post. :P

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 4:57 pm

So, if my natural response to someone who pisses me off is to invite them to slurp my nuts does that mean I get a man card?

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Girl you have more balls than most men I know ;)

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 6:55 pm

ROFL.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm

see you didn’t deny it. LOL

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Now that made me spit. LOL.

Honestly, I’ve probably got more than what’s prudent.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:09 pm

And that’s why we get along…right there. Girls with balls make me happy! LMFAO

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I don’t know about balls, but I’ve been told I have ovaries of steel. I liked that one.

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Oh, I like you. Ovaries of steel rock!

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Seriously! Who needs balls when you have ovaries of steel! I’ll take those over balls any day!

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Aw! Thank you both! LOL!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:08 pm

What is that saying about good girls don’t make history? *laughs*

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Pfft at the good girls. See we always go soo way off topic *snort*

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 4, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Did someone say girls with balls make them happy?! Me too Me too!!!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:12 pm

ROTFLMAO she comes sideways outta nowhere just like the 2nd runner up! AHAHAHAH

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:14 pm

At the risk of leaving myself open for some Clerks jokes… Girls with balls make me happy too. LOL

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 4, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I HAVE to thank Antonio for the idea!! WIN!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:14 pm

AHAHAHAH stop or i’ll start cackling again!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:15 pm

OMG. Too late. I’m already dying.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:17 pm

LMFAO! At least this isn’t the first post people see anymore, so we can cackle and perv away!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:24 pm

So, I think they make magazines for those of us with that particular interest. *smirk*

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 4, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Magazines? Wasn’t that why the Internetz was created? :P

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Thats what I thought the net was for, but all you woman are always all over me I don’t get a chance to perv with men. LOL

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Damn. I guess I’ve been out of the loop for too long. What’s this internetz and it haz pr0n? :)

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:38 pm

uh huh it even has the hun. and oh yes I just typed that in public and on my blog. LOL

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 4, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Why? Because WLP is a girl with balls!!
    :D

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 4, 2010 at 7:48 pm

I can haz ballz?

• Sarannba DeWylde May 4, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Big balls. Ooh, I’m feeling a song coming on.

“I’ve got big balls, she’s got big balls, but we’ve got the biggest balls of them all…at WLP.” AC/DC, wisdom for every occasion.

• Antonio Angeletti May 5, 2010 at 4:21 am

Ladies it’s been 48hrs and thanks to me and the mighty buzzard you are still talking about balls. If were gonna go AC/DC let’s stick with SHE’S GOT THE JACK.

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 9:54 am

Ohh Antonio.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 10:20 am

Ahh silly Antonio, you and Buzz got left in the dirt days ago. We’ve moved on to my giant ballz. Keep up man! lol

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm

She’s got the jack…and who knows what else. *wink* I love me some AC/DC. Danced to it on a table a Prom. LOL.

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 12:34 pm

You’re not mean. There are bloggers, regardless of sex, who are intentionally and visciously mean. I don’t read them. They are a waste of my time. I love snark, adore cynicism, and partake of sarcasm with my morning meds. These are necessary parts of my daily life, like vitamins. I need them to survive. I theorize this is because I don’t smoke anymore but it could just as easily be because I’m female. Whatever. Charles Paz rules. Antonio is a loquacious stripper. RT is always full of drama. Men are just as emo as women are. And you’re not mean Wicked Lil Pixie! You rock!

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Nicely said, Luci!

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm

*takes a bow* Thank you! Thank you! LOL!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 2:27 pm

I feel like I just watched a speech! LOL xoxo Luci!

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Ya’ll are makin’ me blush here! LOL! You’re welcome!

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 12:38 pm

P.S.
    I read his blog and the second I saw “bi-sexual orgy” I decided to follow him so I don’t miss anything!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Wait, there was an orgy and I missed it?

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 2:28 pm

You missed nadda, apparently there were rumors at the con that he (Antonio) got into an orgy in an authors room. It be false.

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 3:16 pm

yeah but it got my attention nonetheless! LOL!

• MR.ROMANCE CHARLES PAZ May 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm

NUT SLURRPING!?!?!? OVARIES OF STEEL!?!?!? OH MAN, you guys have been having fun in here *WAVES AT LUCI*

I just hope my SEX TAPE titled ‘ROMANTIC CRIMES at ROMANTIC TIMES’ doesnt get put on the web *dies laughing*

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm

You’ll see it here first. We’re cool like that!

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 3:19 pm

*moves preorder confirmation page into a drawer with a lock, blinks innocently* What tape? LOL! *waves back* You still owe me dinner hottie! I’ll collect in about the next time I’m on the west coast! LOL!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 7:28 pm

That’s a fab title! OOh… I can see the script now, a spoof on Clue. “I know who did the nefarious deed! It was in the weight room, bent over the stairmaster with….. LOL.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Saranna, sometimes you scare me with your lightening quick perv wit. Damn that sounded good out loud! LOL

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 8:14 pm

It did! You’re brilliant.

(Again, you won’t catch me denying I’m scary. LOL. )

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 8:16 pm

And I won’t deny i’ve got big ballz for a chick ;) glad we’ve cleared that up. *snort*

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Now I want to break into song again. We could have a club. Big Balled Beauties. I’d totally wear that pin to conference. LOL

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Chica, I’m 5’4, 105lbs there is nothing big about me. But damn it if I won’t sing a song about my invisable ballz.

• Luci Calanor May 5, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Valkyri! Dude! I’m only 5’5″. Always wanted to be 6ft!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm

It’s got it’s ups and downs, no pun intended. LOL.

But dynamite comes in small packages, right?

There was this guy I used to date who said that. My spouse creature said he couldn’t picture us dating because it was like watching a Chihuahua trying to mount a Great Dane.

Valkyries rock. I’ve got this pic of Freydis Ericsdottr as a Valkyrie I want for my next tattoo!

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Another 5’5-er here! I want to be a valkyrie!!! Lucky. :P

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm

It’s all in the attitude, sugar. I’m sure you’re a Valkyrie and an Amazon at heart. So, wear your badge proudly.

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 8:45 pm

LOL. I just meant our sacs were big. ROFL.

But I suppose big in general applies to me. 6’0 in my bare feet.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Pfft the tallest I get is 5’6-5’8 in my heels or metal show goth girl maryjanes ;) Girl are you going to do RT next year?!?! It’s in LA.

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Come Hell, high water, or the damn Apocolypse, I’m going to RT next year, damn it. (Um, Dear Universe, this isn’t a challenge. I promise. I just really really want to go. K. Thanks. Bye.) LOL.

I have so many friends in LA, San Fran and other parts of Cali, I have to go. Are you going?

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Hahahahah! ME TOO!!! this has completely inspired me to go to RT11… Who the Hell knew all the Shinanegans that goes in at these conferences?! Sign me UP!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm

I’m in chica, cancelled my 30th birthday trip to Vegas to cause trouble in LA. Doubt i’m going to do any of the panels though, you’ll find me on the beach drinking or shopping or at the Vampire Winery ;) I think we’re all too younge for RT panels, have you seen some of the people there. Yes, I said it damn it! LOL

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:31 pm

There’s a vampire winery? I’m IN. So very in. Whoo-hoo! I’m all excited. There will be some serious hellraising going on.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Dude do you not pay attention to my side panel! LMFAO! I’m a featured blogger on their website. Vampire Dot Com, the red is the shizzle, knocked me on my ass after 2 glasses. I felt like the undead the next day.

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I’m having post book euphoria. I’m lucky I can read. I’ve banged out 4 books since September. I’m probably lucky I can tie my own shoes. LOL.

Damn. I’m going to have to start building my tolerance again so I don’t get hammered and dance on the table.

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm

So going back to Mr Romance.. Do we like get to watch them put on a show and vote for them?!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I think the authors vote? we get to watch. I don’t get off on shit like that though. LOL unless im drunk

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm

What? Really? I keep threatening to make the spouse creature go. I told him I was going to dress him up in Viking regalia and walk him around on a leash to show off his “pillaging thighs” I’ve been bragging about.

He wants me to wait until he’s started MMA before I do that. That man can work a tactical belt. Good lord. What is it about tactical gear that’s so hot?

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm

OMG the spouse creature… Viking regalia… Hilarious!!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Hehee. Every writer needs some inspiration, don’t you think? I’m lucky enough my big Viking puts up with all my demands.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm

I luv my MMA girl!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Yeah, I tease him and make comments about how some of the holds are really homoerotic. It’s fun though, I love it. Are you watching this next one? We’ll probably go to Applebees where we can watch it for free.

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm

NO!! I have no idea what sorts of people attend these! I have to go check out pics? Will it give me The Sads? That’s it, I’m going to start researching!!

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I hope not! I’ve never been to a convention. I’m a convention virgin.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm

LOL stick with the cool kids, we’ll be the ones getting arrested.

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I’ll warn everyone. I’m not the friend you call for bail money. I’m the one sitting in cuffs next to you. LOL.

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 9:45 pm

ROTFLMAO but you know your way around jails, so I think we’re safe

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Totally dude. I’d find the biggest bitch in there, kick her ass and take her crunch. She’d be shining all of our boots while we’re chowing on her store items and calling me Big Mama. *wink*

• Sarannba DeWylde May 5, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Because women are brutal. There’s no way I’d work in a women’s prison. I’d be fired so fast. One chick would make that teeth sucking sound, you know the one. The one that says you don’t even deserve a “fuck you”? Just once and it would be on like Donkey Kong, I’m telling you.

They took my spouse creature on a tour of the women’s prison, they did that with his whole training class to show them what we as women have to deal with working in a male facility. He said he’d never felt so much like a piece of meat in all his life. He said they were disgusting and he honestly didn’t know how I put up with it every day.

• Jenna Maclaine May 5, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Nat, leave it to you… your 3rd most popular thread is all about BALLS! LMAO… I love you, girl!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Oh shit. LMFAO! But it was about lady ballz that has to count for something! *snort* Love you too Jenna, even if you’d toss me drunk into the back of a pick up.

• Jenna Maclaine May 5, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Nat, if you were ever that drunk I would totally toss you in the bed of my truck! And since you have enormous lady balls of steel I’d tell the paramedics you didn’t need no stinkin’ blanket or pillow! Just kidding… you know I’d get you a binkie and a pillow before I left your ass there! ;)

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 10:58 pm

*snort* I know you would, thats what good friends do ;)

• Jenna Maclaine May 5, 2010 at 11:00 pm

And because women aren’t really THAT mean… a little credit to the ladies! We take care of each other. Unless there’s puking involved, then you’re on your own!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Amen! My ex got really drunk at my prom, dumbass puked ON my carpet than moved the couch OVER the vomit. Yes, he was a genius.

• Pamela AKA SpazP May 6, 2010 at 10:49 am

HAHAHA, I dated some of those in college myself. I think that’s what college is for… to get dating all the hawt dumdums over with and out of your system. :P

• Jenna Maclaine May 6, 2010 at 10:43 am

Oh gross! Yes, that’s class for you!!

• Wicked Lil Pixie May 6, 2010 at 11:05 am

Yeah he was a real winner that one! At MY prom at that, he was a year younger. I didn’t even get that drunk.

• [...] I read Wicked Lil Pixie’s post today along with the comments. Then I followed the link to Dear Author’s relevant post [...]

• [...] First: Woman Bloggers are Mean This ended up being the first really fun interaction I had with Nat and some of the followers/commenters and I remember it to this day. I’m even the first commenter on this post and I’d just discovered the WLP blog a couple of months prior to this. This shit cracked me up SO HARD because not ONLY did Antonio have a goofy ass picture, he couldn’t figure out how to rotate so it was right side up – but he also got in on the comments and made it even more fun. I might have rotated my Twitter pic sideways in Antonio’s honor for a month or so. Might have. [...]

• [...] Woman Bloggers Are Mean oh yes we are. [...]