31 Wicked Days of Xmas With Jill Sorenson

• What is next for you book wise in 2013?

Thanks for having me Natasha! Vagina twins activate!! I’m so excited about 2013. First up is Aftershock, my disaster romance debut with HQN. My next release is Freefall, a connected book with a rock climber hero. December will bring a sexy snowed-in novella for Passion & Peril, a 2-in-1 with Suzanne Brockmann.

• Do you have a favorite book of 2012?

Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox.

• What is your favorite holiday food?

Pumpkin roll. So delish!

• Least favorite holiday song?

Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but only because of the shout-ins

• Do you have any holiday family traditions?

I buy a live tree every few years. I can’t seem to keep them alive but I try. We also go to my mom’s house for a family feast.

• Worst gift you ever received?

My husband (then boyfriend) bought me a vibrator the year I was expecting a diamond ring. I cried. This year I wouldn’t mind a vibrator!

• Worst gift you ever gave?

I can’t think of anything. Underwear.

• Favorite holiday memory?

I always get stressed out during the holidays and they kind of go by in a blur. But I enjoy the little things, like music and lights and spending time with my family. I have a favorite photo of my husband holding our sleeping newborn on Christmas Day.

• If you could share one lesser known fact about yourself to our readers, what will it be?

I was a troubled teen.

• Weirdest thing you collect?

Vagina tweets.

Jill is giving away copies of Risky Christmas and Aftershock to one lucky reader. Just tell Jill about the worst Xmas gift you ever received.

Comments
  • Megan December 5, 2012 at 9:04 am

Why don’t I have a cool tagline like “Vagina Twins Activate?” Darn you, Jill Sorenson!
    The worst gift I ever received–besides the contact lens case my 20+ years friend gave me–was a peach sweater. PEACH. My grandfather’s wife gave it to me, I don’t know that she ever really registered what I was like.

The worst gift ever received in our house was this crazy denim shirt my dad bought for my husband Scott in Provincetown, MA. Not to make sweeping generalizations, but you could tell Dad bought it in P-Town. Denim, with orange accents and a kind of striped yoke thingy. We brought it to the Goodwill that day because I refused to have it in the house overnight.

• Jill Sorenson December 5, 2012 at 7:57 pm

You can have it! My xmas gift to you.

• Jill Sorenson December 5, 2012 at 10:17 pm

The vagina twins tagline I mean. I guess I should have quoted there! #commentfail.

• Jill Sorenson December 5, 2012 at 8:01 pm

BTW, that shirt sounds awesome. My husband would probably wear it. He likes camouflage shirts, ugh!

• Lori H. December 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

The worst gift I ever received was an ice cream scooper someone had received from a bank ;) But it was given with love from someone who thought I could use it and I still have it and I do use it…

• martha lawson December 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

A canister set that looks like castle or some such thing! Ugliest thing I ever saw.

• Viki S. December 5, 2012 at 12:54 pm

One Christmas “Santa” mixed up the gifts and I got my brothers PJ’s. Another year my husband gave me bright yellow platform converse sneakers (because I’m only 5’2″).

• Chelsea B. December 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

One year I got a toothbrush from a family member. Obviously, I was not their favorite ;-)

• Megan December 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Ok so the worst christmas gift I ever got was perfume from my sister, it was horrible smelling and gave me a headache. I thought about regifting to her for christmas LOL

• Texas Book Lover December 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I received a weekly pill reminder box that was broken from my husbands grown cousin one year. I was probably around 30 and it so obviously came from her pharmacy…the least she could of done was give me one that wasn’t broken.

• Jill Sorenson December 5, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Okay, this one is really bad. Reminds me of my grandmother. She gave us a lot of “gently used” stuffed animals! Yours is worse.

• Jane December 5, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I like vagina tweets. One of the worst gifts I received was a pair of shoes that wasn’t even in my size. The person bought it for herself and maybe changed her mind. Instead of returning it she wrapped it up and gave it to me.

• erinf1 December 5, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Thanks for the awesome post! Little girl socks with bead tassles and lace, six year old sizing. From my aunt when I was 16.

• Renee D December 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Worst gift? Electric can opener. My husband (then fiance’) for some reason thought I’d like one for our first apartment. However, he made up for it by putting up a Christmas tree while I was at work. He said we weren’t going to get one and I was working nights at the time.

• Jill Sorenson December 5, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I always think about The Simpsons when this subject comes up. Marge got the worst gift: a bowling ball named Homer. Anything is better than that!

• Brenda H. December 5, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Jill– I’ve been staying off twitter because it sucks all my time and I read tweets instead of writing but I am now tempted to get back on just to find out what vagina tweets you collect. BAHAHaHahaHa

Worst gift– two years ago I got a set of pans from my inlaws IDENTICAL to the one I already had. Seems my husband suggested it for some bizarre reason. I still don’t get how they all thought this was cool. Why he couldn’t suggest an Amazon gift card I will never know.

• Anita Yancey December 6, 2012 at 8:48 am

I actually recieved an apron from my mom. I feel like the gift had a hidden meaning.

• Lily B December 8, 2012 at 11:59 am

I think the worse gift I received was a stupid joke book from a girl that thought she needed to be my friend. She put so much thought to it..she just took it off her shelf at home.

• bn100 December 20, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Haven’t received any bad gifts